Damon® Metal Braces
Damon metal braces feature self-ligating brackets, which hold archwires in place without the use of traditional elastic ties. On the surface, they look much like standard metal braces, but this advanced system has considerable advantages that make it a great choice for many of our patients.
Instead of getting your wires tightened and your elastics switched out during your appointments with us, Damon braces have a slide mechanism that attaches the wires to your brackets. The memory wires used by the Damon system move teeth gradually, with less pressure than traditional braces, making them more comfortable. As your teeth move into place, the wires tighten.
Why Choose Damon Metal Braces
Our patients choose the Damon system for their orthodontic treatment because:
- Treatment duration is shorter—studies show an average 6-month reduction in treatment time
- There’s less time needed for in-office visits since there are fewer manual adjustments needed
- Damon metal braces are less painful than traditional braces, causing very little discomfort
- Friction is reduced, which means there’s less damage to the tooth enamel
- Oral health is improved because plaque cannot accumulate around the elastic ties
- With Damon braces, palatal expanders and extractions are rarely needed
- Damon braces can create better facial aesthetics, with a fuller smile, better facial balance, smoother cheek contours, and an improved profile
Damon braces are less bulky than traditional metal braces, making them more comfortable and easier to get used to. While the Damon system is appropriate for all ages, adults especially appreciate the ease and speed of treatment.
Cost of Damon Metal Braces
The Damon system is similar in cost to traditional metal braces, but it may depend on your individual treatment plan. The good news is that if your dental insurance covers orthodontic treatment, Damon braces are covered to the same extent as regular braces. Funds in your flexible spending or health savings accounts can also be used for your treatment.
Contact us at 203-281-1022 to schedule your appointment!